St Marys Temple
St. Mary’s is a “chapel of ease” built in the late perpendicular style
by the Barton Trust and funded by Mary Barton in memory of her husband
and son. The first service was held in 1903. Services have followed the
Book of Common Prayer on a regular basis but now have a new pattern.
Until recently an active and dedicated group of volunteers from the
congregation have kept the church clean, polished brass, arranged
flowers, maintained the grounds and carried out minor building
maintenance but it has now been passed to the care of ‘Friends of
Friendless Churches’ who will permit some services to be held during the
year. The regular Matins Service has now returned to the Parish Church
of St.Margaret of Antioch.