St Margarets Corsley
St Margaret’s, a site of worship since the 12th century and originally dedicated to St.James is the largest of the three Parish churches, the present church dates from the 1830s. It enjoys a regular congregation of between thirty to fifty for Sunday worship and the church is often nearly full for the larger services, weddings and funerals. The first and the fourth services of the month are held at St Margaret’s, with the fourth service usually being a shorter families service organised by the Lay Team. With bell ringers, a choir and a superb organist, each service is a musical delight. In addition the Festival Choir uses St Margaret’s to hold its concerts twice a year. The church is always full of wonderful flower arrangements and we always enjoy refreshments together after each service. A 1662 Book of Common Prayer Matins Service is held on the second Sunday of the month. There is a monthly ‘Litebites’ lunch with delicious homemade soups, hosted by the church and community at the Reading Rooms. For more information contact the Churchwardens.